Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF-20D stalling from idle

Hello Everyone,

I'm looking for a little help with a 2006 20hp remote control driven outboard I just purchased used. Here's what I can tell you:

- I am following the starting procedure outlined in the manual.
    - The gas is 6 weeks old but has been treated with Sta-Bil as per instructions.
    - The motor oil and gear oil are new.
    - the battery is at least 5 years old.
    - the water separating filter and the fuel filter found under the engine cover are both clean and working well.
    - I have removed, cleaned, and checked the gap on both spark plugs (they looked clean).

here's the problem:
    - the boat starts beautifully and idles well for 10-30 seconds before sputtering a few seconds and stalling.
    - After stalling, it needs a few minutes before it will start again (and then stall again).
    - if it idles long enough to let me get into gear and up to speed, it runs beautifully for as long as I want to be out until I pull back on the throttle and /or put it in neutral, at which point it sputters and stalls.
    - I can't get the primer bulb very firm, no matter how many times I squeeze it.

I've included a picture of the gas-tank-to-engine setup. Any thoughts or advice you may be able to provide would be very helpful. Thank you!

Probably need to remove and clean carbs, sounds like low speed circuit is plugged.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Honda Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X