Honda tachometer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honda tachometer

I own a 2008 BF50AK0, purchased a Honda 37250-ZV5-950AH tach. It was said to fit my engine, the instruction manuel shows the switch setting on back of tach. For various BF models but not mine. BF 75 & BF 45 but not BF 50. Did I get wrong tach.?
    Thanks, Ron
    Last edited by rmgilbrech; 05-28-2014, 05:23 PM. Reason: Typo.

It will work, set tach on number 1 setting which is for a 4 pole alternator.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Honda Outboard Parts

Comment

Honda whistling.

Thanks for help on tach. it is installed and working fine. Now that I know the RPM range my BF50 males a whistling noise from 1800 RPM to 2800 RPM, is this a Honda characteristic or does it just not know the words?
      Ron

Comment

I haven't noticed one making a whistling noise, check for something loose.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Honda Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks, have not solved whistling issue, but it is consistent. My pee hole quit peeing. Removed hose from exit fitting and found small piece of black plastic, ran wire up hose and felt another obstruction but pee OK now. Is the plastic a piece of impeller, also the pee flow is greatly reduced going thru the exit fitting, it will pee 6 to 8 feet without the restriction, why?
          Thanks
          Ron

Comment

Working...
          X