Flush Port Connector problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flush Port Connector problem

Good Morning All. 1st time user, so please be patient and if you can help me find an answer already posted, I would be grateful for any help.

I have a 2017 Honda BF90. It has a flush port connector on the port side of the engine.
    I see in the manual it is there to flush the engine without having to run the motor.

When I hook it up to a garden hose and open the hose, the water pressure causes the small (3/8" ID?) water hose to pop off of the connectors on the engine.
    It acts like there is either a blockage, a one-way valve is in backwards, or some other obstruction that prevents water from entering the engine.
    I have put hose clamps on the hose to try and keep it from popping off, but get nothing.

I currently use muffs to do the washout because the flush connector does not flush. Would like to have the option to wash the motor without running the engine.

Any experience/wisdom/insights on this problem would be much appreciated.
    Thanks in advance!
    Randy

Yes it must be plugged up, might try cleaning out fitting with a plastic straw off of wd-40 can and use compressed air to try and clear the passage.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Honda Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X