Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tompass1943
    replied
    I just skipped that step. Don't think the purpose was to seal cover as directions were to apply to inside top of cowl and then let dry. Maybe for bonding purposes. Only took about 1/2 hour to remove and reinstall the top cover. The Honda directions with pics were excellent.

Leave a comment:

• boats.net
    replied
    Honda sells a Threebond 1530C ( Honda part number 08734-0007) that is used to seal and attach rubber.
    I would think it would be to seal cover so water can't get in and to prevent any vibration or rattle.

Leave a comment:

• tompass1943
    replied
    That reference to 5253 may have referred to something in the Honda repair manual. Wondering why that area where 3 of the rivets will be used requires either a sealant or adhesive. I may just skip it.

Leave a comment:

• boats.net
    replied
    I'm not familiar with Threebond 5253, Threebond makes a lot of sealants and adhesives that work very well but I have never used the 5253.

Leave a comment:

• tompass1943
    replied
    Thanks. Honda Marine was kind enough to send me complete instructions on how to replace. Also recommended a product called ThreeBond 5253 which I have not had any luck in finding. Trying to cross reference to find similar product.

Leave a comment:

• boats.net
    replied
    Will need to drill out old rivets, use a 3/16 drill bit and drill just deep enough to break off head of rivet then use a small punch to knock out rivet. Use a pop rivet gun to install new rivets.

Leave a comment:

• tompass1943
    started a topic Honda 225 Top Cover Kit

Honda 225 Top Cover Kit

Purchased top cover kit that appears to use some type of rivet for the install. Underside of engine cover looks to have some kind of a rubber or plastic blob over the ends of the rivets. Not sure if should just clip the rivets and remove the one screw to proceed. And then not sure how to use the new rivets. Any help would be appreciated.
    Honda 06631-ZY3-305ZA Cover Kit *Nh282Mu*; 06631ZY3305ZA
Working...
X