Honda BF40 Fuel problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honda BF40 Fuel problem

I have a Honda BF 40HP. It has started cutting out when it is under a load, even dies @ times.
    It idles great and sounds great. I have changed the spark plug wires, spark plugs, and fuel filter.
    I am looking for suggestions.

BF40 fuel problem

Hi here.

I have the same motor but mine worked the opposite of yours.My problem was the fuel connectors. There was air getting in at the junction of the 2 connectors. I changed the one on the motor but the problem persisted. I wll be changing the one on the fuel line this winter. But what I did was put some "O" rings to see if I could have a good seal, which I did. Still gonna change the female end though. Another way of checking is if youre motor is starting to die out is pump the ball. Even at high speed. Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by shaker1956 View Post
      Hi here.

I have the same motor but mine worked the opposite of yours.My problem was the fuel connectors. There was air getting in at the junction of the 2 connectors. I changed the one on the motor but the problem persisted. I wll be changing the one on the fuel line this winter. But what I did was put some "O" rings to see if I could have a good seal, which I did. Still gonna change the female end though. Another way of checking is if youre motor is starting to die out is pump the ball. Even at high speed. Hope this helps.
      MY motor starts up with the choke on and warms up, but the minute I pull the choke lever down to put it in drive it shuts off. Almost like it's not getting fuel.
      Checked the fuel fiters and they were clean? have they had problems with the fuel lines and bulbs?

Comment

Sounds like need to remove and clean carbs.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Honda Outboard Parts

Comment

What do you mean remove? take the breeder off in front of the bowls and spray carb. cleaner in? Do you think they are sticking?

Comment

No the carbs need to be taken apart and cleaned.
            Regards
            Boats.net
            Honda Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks for the info.

Comment

Is it a big deal to take them apart. Can I do it myself. When you put the back do they line up, or do you have to reline them. Do you know what the cost would be to have them done. Ball park?

Comment

Working...
                X