Timing marks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timing marks

I've got a HT3813 mower that I'm working on. The water pump pulley was worn so I am replacing it as well as the timing belt. However, there are 2 pairs of timing marks on the camshaft pulley. Each pair is 180 degree apart but each has 2 individual marks that are one tooth apart. One is marked with a T and the other is marked with an F. Which mark do I line up with the frame mark, T or F?

Originally posted by donzufall View Post
    I've got a HT3813 mower that I'm working on. The water pump pulley was worn so I am replacing it as well as the timing belt. However, there are 2 pairs of timing marks on the camshaft pulley. Each pair is 180 degree apart but each has 2 individual marks that are one tooth apart. One is marked with a T and the other is marked with an F. Which mark do I line up with the frame mark, T or F?
    I just did the same repair and used the "T" marking on the cam pully. I too was amazed how the waterpump pully was grooved down. I have left it as is on others but replaced the waterpump I just did the belt job on. Maybe due to the fact that the waterpump acts as the tensioner as well as the soft metal used and the longevity of this engine wears down the pully. In any case, there is a good Youtube video on the job and this time around I pulled the engine (15 minutes) to do the job standing up, and it is better to do when the belt is in your face by far as opposed to kneeling over it. I retaped the coil pickups with electrical tape and she should be good for another 20 years or so! LOL. Joe

Comment

Working...
    X