Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• change from 25 inch to 30 inch

hi
    I would like to change my honda 2002 bf225 serial # bahj-1000451 counter rotation from a 25 inch shaft to a 30 inch shaft.what parts do i need and prices of parts.please.
    Randy Albury
    Thank You

Honda doesn't offer an extension kit, not sure if any aftermarket ones are available.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Honda Outboard Parts

Comment

You are going to have to change you water tube, shift rod, extension separator, vertical shaft and gearcase bolts.

Look up the xxl version of your motor and you can get the quantities and prices. These should be the part numbers (some may have superceded)

water tube 19251-zy3-620
      shift rod A 24321-zy3-720
      extension separator 40202-zy3-621za
      vertical shaft 41112-zy3-620
      bolts 90131-zy3-620
      bolts 90141-zy3-620
      Check these parts very carefully. If you have replaced your lower unit recently, the shift shaft may be different.

You have to disassemble the lower part of the engine, after you remove the lower unit to replace the water tube.

You will have to disassemble your lower unit to replace the drive shaft.

Good luck on getting on you quest.

Mike

Comment

thank you uncle mike

Thank you uncle mike,I think you are right on. Your machanic knowledge impressed me greatly.Much better answer than boats.net,I will check the parts numbers to the best of my ability and see what I can figure out.If you think of anything else please let me know.
        ralbury

Comment

sounds very costly
          when you say take your engine apart you dont mean pull the power head do you ?

Comment

No...just remove the lower unit and midsection.

Comment

Working...
            X