Mercury Cables on Honda Control?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mercury Cables on Honda Control?

Is it possible to use existing Mercury control cables into a replacement Honda control box? Control box wants 10-32 threaded cables. Must I get new control cables with threaded ends or is there a way to retrofit Mercury cables? e.g. bend Mercury cable end and insert 10-32 screw w/ washer into cable end provided with Honda control box?

No the Mercury cables wont work on Honda controls.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Honda Outboard Parts

Comment

Switch to Honda capatible cables?

Boats.net: The Mercruiser control on my pontoon boat with a Honda 90 is clunky and does not operate smoothly. Since I have a new Honda control, is it worth the trouble to take the boat out of the water, remove the Mercury cables, measure and order new Honda compatible cables (threaded) and install them in order to use the Honda control? Are all threaded cables basically the same? One tech told me there is little difference between a premium and a standard set of cables. If you think it is worth the trouble to use the Honda control, which cables would you recommend?

Comment

If you have Merc controls on Honda engine already then look at cables. There are Mercury type adapters for the threaded end cables and if your cables have theses adapters then all you have to do is remove them and cables will work on Honda. The preminum cables are better for long distance or tight bends.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Honda Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
        X