BF130A lower unit questions. Flush and WASH

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF130A lower unit questions. Flush and WASH

On the left side of the lower unit of my BF130A are two flat blade screw heads. Cast in the unit is OIL and WASH. I haven't found what the WASH plug is for.

Also there a two small holes on the right side that have water coming out while flushing the engine with mouse ears. I assume this is normal?

I haven't found a reference to these items in the owners manual and hope someone can help me here.

Honda makes a flush attachment, part number 19270-ZW1-740.
    You can remove the FLUSH screw and screw in the flush attachment and connect other end to garden hose so you can flush motor without running engine.
    The 2 holes are drain holes so water doesn't get trapped inside gear case cavities, it's normal to see water come out those holes.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Honda Outboard Parts

Comment

I am new to this 2001 motor and just purchased that attachment. I see that it threads into the hole, under the plastic cover at the back of the lower engine cover.

Are you saying I should attach that fitting there and remove the WASH plug to do the flush without the engine running?

Thanks.

Comment

Better to use with engine off, it may not supply enough water to water pump impeller to keep it lubricated and could damage water pump impeller.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Honda Outboard Parts

Comment

Correct, that is what I said. Thanks for your help.

Comment

I talked with the people at Honda support and they aren't familiar with the cast in "WASH" hole with screw, that is next to the OIL LEVEL screw in lower unit.

Anyone know what this is?

Comment

Working...
            X