Bf40a

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bf40a

Hey , Iím trying to replace my power head on my 2006 BF40A . Iíve already taking the mid section off and canít seem to get the oil pan off . Donít see any bolts that would hold this on . Please help . Am I doing this the right way ? Are the power head bolts under the oil pan ?

You have to remove the drive shaft housing(midsection) from engine then remove oil pan from engine plate then can remove engine.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Honda Outboard Parts

Comment

I have the mid section off and can see the oil pan but do not see any bolts holding the oil pan. How do I remove ?

Comment

Remove the 6 bolts that bolt oil pan to engine plate and 2 bolts on exhaust pipe. Bolts are number 10 in this parts diagram, 2001 BF40A1 LRTA Honda Outboard OIL PAN Diagram and Parts
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Honda Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks for the help . There were 2 bolts behind the exhaust flange that I did not see . I removed the power head and I am ready to mount the new one . Question : will a 2004 power head work in place of a 2000 power head. The bolt pattern looks the same just wondering will all the electronics and everything else hook up and run . Thanks in advance.

Comment

2000-2003 are same but 2004 and up is different.
            Regards
            Boats.net
            Honda Outboard Parts

Comment

What is different about it? It looks like the bolt holes match up . If the power head bolts are the same can I use on a 2000 shell? I was going to transfer everything over to the block . Will this work?

Comment

They changed the ignition system in 2004 may just be bolt patterns where everything bolts to block.
                Regards
                Boats.net
                Honda Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
                X