Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 BF150 over heating alarm

Hi
    I have a 2011 by 150 hp Honda 660hr,I just finished a service, fuel filter high and water seperate, engine filter and oil thermo stats, finished service and went for a run engine at 4500 after 20 mins goes into over heat alarm at 5000rpm after 30-40sec goes into overheat alarm.NMEA is saying engine is at 90d celcius,
    When hook up to computer there are no alarms that come up. Engine is not hot hot to the touch, I have cleaned all water lines and the compuer is saying all sensors seem to be working........
    Does anyone have an idea of what’s going on first issue I have had with engine

If ran ok before replacing thermostats then recheck thermostats are installed correctly and are correct ones for that model engine. You can use an infrared thermometer to check actual block temp when buzzer activates. May be time for a new water pump.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Honda Outboard Parts

Comment

Thermo stats

I have changed all thermostats and impeller back to the old ones justvto double check and alarm still goes off at 4500rpm after 20mins and 5000rpm between 30sec and 2 min...
      It goes into limp mode go a couple of seconds, this can happen as soon as you leave boat ramp or when ever you use high revs, it will go off when temp on Nema on GPS says 50 degrees or 95 degrees celcius

Comment

If all sensors are working properly and engine is not overheating and no shorts or opens in wiring then it's probably a bad ECM, It needs to check with computer diagnostic and check sensor voltage and fault code history and check oil pressure as well as engine temp.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Honda Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
        X