BF30 issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF30 issue

I purchased a used Honda BF30 with the remote, when I got it home and placed a washout adapter on it with a water hose,the transmission will not go into gear, forward or reverse! Does the motor have to be submerged into water before the transmission will work? I noticed there is not a shift cable ,only wiring from the remote control to the engine?

It does need shift and throttle cables to connect control box to engine, will need two part number 249xx-ZY3-7100(replace xx with length of cable needed) control cables installed to make it shift and throttle from control box.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Honda Outboard Parts

Comment

Thank you for the information. That makes sense.

Comment

Still have a issue with how, and what parts needed to connect the two cables to the motor, and the remote. I believe that I don't have anything to do this with from the research I have done thus far. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Don't know your exact model but look in parts catalog for parts needed, number 3 and number 20 in this parts page are the cable ends, https://www.boats.net/catalog/honda/...ele-cap-gray-2
          Look up same page for your model number and your style control box.
          Regards
          Boats.net
          Honda Outboard Parts

Comment

I believe I understand how the cables connect to the remote control, where the mystery is how they attach to the motor with what parts. I have reviewed, and studied the diagram for my BAWL1003244 looking a the shift shaft and still donít fully understand the cable attachment. I would like to attach a picture, but it says I am not authorized.Thank you as always for any help.

Comment

Thread the cable ends(control box end) on to the shift and throttle cable no more than 8mm and install cables in control box.
              Screw shift pivot ends on cables on engine end and install throttle cable to throttle arm on engine(number 5 in this diagram, https://www.boats.net/catalog/honda/...97/shift-shaft) and connect shift cable to shift arm (inside number 10 square on parts diagram).
              Regards
              Boats.net
              Honda Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks again for all your help.

Comment

Working...
                X